What am I grateful for today?
- I am grateful for a symphony of music enveloping me in my toasty warm car (gotta love those seat warmers!) as I drive to work with barely any traffic and the hint of the sun coming over the horizon (thanks to Daylight Savings Time)
- I am thankful for my 22 eager little learners who remind me each and every day to slow down and appreciate our wonderful world. I would say slow down and smell the flowers but the gorgeous hyacinth that are growing in our class garden have been categorized as “way to smelly” by most of my kinders.
- I am thankful for Ruth Stiles Gannet and her trilogy of My Father’s Dragon books. My kiddos absolutely LOVE her storytelling and all the little adventures that Boris the baby dragon (now all grown up in the final book) encounters with his rescuer and friend, Elmer Elevator.
- I am thankful for Zumba and my energetic, hand-clapping, hip-swinging, hilariously engaging instructor, Jaime “Pronounce it J’aime, it’s French for “I love” because I do, all of you, everyday… when you come to class.” This is how he starts every class and we are a giggling, glistening gaggle of gals and guys by the end of the hour. So much fun!
- I am thankful for my new principal who is working hard to stay on top of everything, remain engaged, informed and interested with the students, staff and parents and still manage to smile and look relaxed throughout the day.
- I am thankful for the truly good man in my life. He’s been my partner for over 31 years and I am ever so thankful for his humor, drive, compassion, love and support. How did I ever get so lucky to partner up with him so many years ago? He was lured by my bright yellow backpack, I’m sure.
- I am thankful for my son who is spreading his wings in a new business venture and remains a positive and inspirational young man even through challenging circumstances. And he always remembers to tell me how much he appreciates all we have done for him in his upbringing.
- I am thankful for my oldest daughter who is excelling in her first year as a high school math teacher. She is a dedicated, kind-hearted, hard-working young lady who is truly blossoming with new direction in her life.
- I am thankful for my youngest daughter who is searching to find her place in the world and is learning to be flexible, go with the flow and relax in her life.
- I am thankful for TWOWRITINGTEACHERS and their fabulous Slice of Life writing challenge which has been a breath of fresh air in my everyday life. I never thought I would participate in a daily writing challenge and now I find myself internally narrating my daily experiences and turning over phrases in my mind that I might use in a Slice piece. Thank you TWT, thank you for offering such a wonderful space for us all to grow as writers.